Who/What is YunoJuno?
YunoJuno is an online platform that pairs the best creative professionals with the best freelance jobs in London. We have single mission: unlock the true potential of freelance.
What started as a platform to connect the greatest freelancers with a handful of forward-thinking companies is now changing how the creative and tech industry resource their business and manage their workforce. Whether it’s building a new department for one of the most awarded creative agencies or building an enterprise human resource solution for the world’s largest communications network, we use technology to power the freelance revolution.
We are very proud to be backed by the best investors in our sector, have grown year-on-year since launching in 2012, and are looking for the best people to help us execute on our vision for the future of work.
Before you read any further...
You're obviously going to read a number of very specific requirements of the type of person we're are looking for below. But before you do that, please go here and here, and if you're still interested, lets talk.
From a single idea, to now the most prolific freelance platform for experienced creative freelancers in London, YunoJuno has evolved rapidly. We are now 50 strong, manage the entire freelance workforce for some of London's leading creative companies, and looking to expand our platform to other cities around the world. We need a product marketing specialist to be our Marketing Director - a person who can build and execute our marketing strategy for 2018 and beyond.
You will be responsible for shaping and telling the story of how YunoJuno platform is revolutionising the freelancer economy for both freelancers and clients alike - creating advocates to help promote our brand, as well as enable of sales-led marketing programs to change behaviour and drive revenue.
We see marketing encompassing two major areas for our business:
- Sales based marketing. This is sales enablement messaging and the execution of initiatives that understand how our clients buy and their buying journey;
- Brand led marketing. YunoJuno has evolved into more than just a platform. Participate in any conversation at our many freelancer or client events to discover that our members see YunoJuno as more that just a tool. It's an idea that people want to belong to. This is becoming a clearer differentiator between YJ and other freelance services and job-boards.
Who you're likely to be...
(Again, broken record - start with this list.)
- Someone who wants to help shape a brand you can believe in.
- Have been charge of marketing for a fast-growing, venture-backed tech company before.
- Have an eye for detail in producing material of impeccable quality and have the ability to grasp and translate technical information into compelling endorsements of the YunoJuno brand and service.
- Comfortable in both building a disruptive brand, as well as executing day-to-day requirements from multiple stakeholders such as sales, account management and product management.
- Managed multiple teams - internal and external (freelancers, advertising, PR, events)
- Work autonomously and have experience in engaging freelance professionals to help deliver specific projects.
- Made PR work more effectively than just press releases.
- Appreciate the concept of scale as it relates to marketing initiatives and process
- Collaborate with product and client teams, serving as marketing's subject matter expert for all ongoing product and technology roadmap initiatives.
- Lead the business in producing messaging, and collateral that positions the YunoJuno platform as the premier product for professional freelancers as well as those who hire them.
- Discover innovative and effective ways to differentiate our product within the market
- Manage and be brand guardian in the production of collateral including presentations, and internal sales tools to support demand generation, market awareness, and sales efforts.
- Establish ongoing, strategic relationships with relevant industry influencers
- Spearhead the marketing of product launches - both internally and externally to promote the story of new product developments
- Create case studies and promote customer success stories to enable customer evangelism
- Understand our clients and their buying criteria and journey and deliver compelling evidence for business/product evolution.
- Plan and oversee implementation of lead generation programme, ensuring a regular inflow of qualified leads for our client teams
- Build strategy to increase engagement of existing client base, helping to reduce churn and increase up-sell opportunities via in-person contact or product changes.
- Oversee public relations and social media plans, ensuring the brand is consistent, yet locally relevant; positioning YunoJuno as a thought leader in the global shift towards freelancing by securing effective media coverage.
- In close collaboration with our CEO, create the ideal team structure for International Marketing to ensure successful management across multiple countries.
- Manage all social media channels creating compelling messaging as well as ensuring appropriate and timely responses to queries/comments.
- Manage our marketing budget, show marketing-attributable growth, effectiveness and revenue generation to increase budget, build team and scale strategy.
- As YunoJuno scales, manage a team of international marketing specialists and work closely with the international sales leadership team to generate strategies and implement tactics to identify and take advantage of local market opportunities.
- 10+ years experience in product marketing and 5+ year in a leadership capacity managing multiple people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a demonstrable passion for quality in execution
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, customers, partners and prospects
- Experience in executing targeted campaigns using various technology and offline initiatives
- Experience or exposure in international marketing
- Demonstrable examples of your leadership of product marketing strategy via multiple tactics (e.g. events, CRM, sales materials) to reach the right audience with the right message
- Strong commercial mindset with proven ability to manage budgets and building compelling business cases for further investment
- Experience in web technologies and creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch to aid internal efficiency in executing marketing messaging and campaigns.
Happy Team, Better YJ.
- Competitive salary
- Private Healthcare
- £1,000 per annum training and development budget
- Fantastic office location
- Relaxed working environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Regular company socials
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully stocked fridge and snack bar
- Opportunity to help redefine an industry
- Work with established creative companies through to technology start-ups